Monday, August 8, 2022

Remember To Forgive


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I’m angry at this world of ours,
We’ve gone so far astray
That I am worried we’ll be lost
And never find the way.
 
He spoke in words simple enough
That we could understand,
And yet we still look to the world
Despite His clear command.
 
You may think I’m speaking of you
And not, of course, of me,
But let me assure you right now…
I’m wayward as can be.
 
For I find myself giving in
To all I feel inside,
The anger that is building up,
The longing to deride.
 
Yet that is not what I’m called to,
And not what I must do.
Oh, Lord, please help me to forgive
And find forgiveness, too.
 
Matthew 6:14-15
For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment