Sunday, August 7, 2022

Near the Brokenhearted


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The world was tearing at my heart
And leaving me in tears.
Each little thing I saw or heard
Took me back through the years.
 
So many loved ones I have lost,
Never to hold again,
That it can overwhelm my heart,
Despite Your loving plan.
 
I felt myself slipping into
A grief I couldn’t fight,
But then I heard Your words once more
And knew I’d be alright.
 
You said You’re near when my heart breaks
Or when my spirit’s crushed.
Just hearing those words once again,
I felt my sorrows hushed.
 
My heart may still be broken, Lord,
But I can bear the pain
If I know You are near to me,
And, near me, You’ll remain.
 
Psalm 34:18
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment