Thursday, August 11, 2022

Giving Up


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I’m giving up on things tonight,
Things I clearly don’t need.
The things that get in the way of
My efforts to succeed. 

I’m giving up on worrying
That my best plans will fail,
For it is not my plans, but Yours,
That I pray will prevail.

I’m giving up on wanting more
Than I can ever need,
For I know all I need is You
If I am to succeed.

I’m giving up on carrying
Anger within my heart
For that bears only bitterness,
Down that path, I won’t start.

I’m giving up on all the things
This world bids me to do,
And holding fiercely to those tasks
That You have called me to.

Matthew 22: 37-39 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment