Wednesday, August 31, 2022

To Fly or Stand


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The wind and waves came crashing in
Upon the stormy shore,
Sweeping the gulls into the air.
Then, rushing out once more.
 
Some lingered there upon the sand,
Others took wing in flight,
Both living within their instincts,
Neither one wrong or right.
 
Thus, is it with mankind, as well,
We’re each given a choice.
Do we take flight at the first storm
Or stand strong and rejoice?
 
Do we give up and fly away
Or do we stand to face
The turbulence of every day
And hold on to His Grace.
 
I don’t know which is the right choice,
I just know, fly or stand,
The first choice I will always make
Is to live in His hand.
 
Isaiah 41:10
fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment