Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Best Laid Plans


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A quiet prayer I lift tonight.
Tomorrow’s gone astray,
And it is not even here yet.
That’s why I need to pray.
 
The plans all seemed to be in place
And then they went awry.
Sometimes I find I’m wondering
Why I still even try.
 
But You are known for miracles,
Even the little kind.
That’s all I’m asking for tonight,
A little peace of mind.
 
Remind me that all of my plans
Are nothing without You.
Though I may put my plans in place,
That’s all that I can do.
 
If I make plans outside Your will,
Then those plans will fall through.
Tonight, my prayer is that Your plans
Will become my plans, too.
 
Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment