Monday, December 6, 2021

Advent Week 2: Faith - The Shield of Faith


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He called my name when I was young,
And I listened to Him,
But as I grew into my youth
My hearing grew quite dim.
 
I leaned away from the true path
And went too far astray.
He found me out there in the dark
And did not turn away.
 
He brought me back into the light
And taught me about faith,
Until the whispers from the dark
All vanished, like a wraith.
 
Now, when the darkness calls to me,
My faith is my strong shield.
I tell the darkness I am His,
Not He, nor I will yield.
 
I’ve known the temptations out there.
They call to no avail,
For He has shown me so much grace.
That my shield will not fail.
 
My strength alone could not withstand
An assault from the night,
But by my faith and through His love
I still stand in the light.
 
I’ll praise the Lord who lights the world
With His eternal spark.
He is my one true source of faith
That shields me from the dark!
 
Ephesians 6:16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

No comments:

Post a Comment