Friday, December 24, 2021

Advent Week 4: Peace - Glory and Peace


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I’ve never heard an angel sing,
Nor followed a star’s light,
But I am grateful every day
For what happened that night.
 
I can’t imagine those shepherds,
Their fear at what they saw
As all the heavens erupted
In joyous praise and awe.
 
But I can tell you of their joy
For it has touched me, too.
It still fills my heart with the peace
That I’m sure they all knew.
 
I don’t need to hear angels sing
Or feel the shepherds' thrill
To know whose praise filled up that night,
For it fills my heart still.
 
Luke 2:13-14
Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment