Monday, December 20, 2021

Advent Week 4: Peace - Peace in the Storm


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The wind is howling in the night
Driving the snow sideways,
And I could find myself fearful
In these dark winter days.
 
Yet I am standing in the peace
That is born in His grace
And I can’t imagine being
In any safer place.  
 
With all the sorrow around me,
It’s joy that makes me whole
For I am living in the peace
That fills my weary soul.
 
This world may offer me chaos,
With too much fear and pain,
But, by the peace that He gives me,
I can withstand the strain.
 
Let winter’s weather storm and rage,
Old sorrows swell and brim,
I’ll rest within the perfect peace
That’s only found in Him.
 
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment