Friday, December 17, 2021

Advent Week 3: Joy - Choosing Joy


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I didn’t always walk in joy.
Lord, You gave that to me.
You took a broken, wayward child
And set her spirit free.
 
You lifted me up from despair
And taught me to rejoice.
You showed me that, to laugh or cry,
Is a matter of choice.
 
You helped me see this world of pain
Will always offer tears,
But, choosing to live life with joy,
Lightens the hardest years.
 
For all the darkness in the world,
I still can see Your Light,
And, while I have to walk the dark,
I know I’ll be alright.
 
Lord, I choose to live life in joy,
Let kindness be my guide,
And offer peace to those who walk
The pathway at my side.
 
I choose to live my life in You,
And, despite every flaw,
I’ll do so with a joyful heart,
For You fill me with awe.
 
Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment