Saturday, October 16, 2021

In His Sanctuary


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I sought Your sanctuary, Lord,
I searched both far and wide.
I wanted to be close enough
To stand right by Your side.
 
I sought for years that I might come
To find that splendid view
Where all the majesty and grace
Are reflections of You.
 
I sought so long, to no avail.
My heart broke with the pain
Of knowing what I sought was lost
And so it would remain.
 
I came to rest my weary heart
Where my journey began,
Beneath the mountain’s cloud washed peaks,
Upon the prairie’s span.
 
Lord, as I settled in this place
That saw my journey’s start,
I realized what I had sought
Was always in my heart.
 
The sanctuary of the Lord
Was always here with me.
The heart that loves and honors Him
Is where He’ll always be.
 
Psalm 96:6
Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.
 
 This photo is another wonderful gift from AC and her trip through the Grand Tetons.

No comments:

Post a Comment