Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Being Still With You


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have so many heavy thoughts
That weigh upon my mind,
But words to bring them into shape
Seem difficult to find.
 
So, I am setting them aside,
Tonight, my mind’s at rest.
I’ll let go of the heavy thoughts
And do what I love best.
 
Today was filled with ups and downs,
Tomorrow will be, too.
Tonight, I’ll set that all aside
And rest my thoughts in You.
 
I’ll sit and just be still with You,
Counting the day’s blessings
And reflect on the boundless joy
That every blessing brings.
 
Lord, sometimes I can try too hard
To find the words to say,
When all I need to say is thanks
For loving me today.
 
Psalm 144:15
Blessed are the people to whom such blessings fall! Blessed are the people whose God is the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment