Tuesday, April 20, 2021

The Small Blessings


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I’m counting my little blessings,
Those two mundane to note.
The blessings that fill every day,
Yet seem a mere footnote.
 
I drove to work and got back home
Without an incident.
It happens almost every day;
A gift that’s heaven sent.
 
I slept safely throughout the night,
The wind chimes sang to me,
New blossoms are just bursting forth
On the old apple tree.
 
The birds still sing out my window,
The grass is growing tall,
But I can mow it and that beats
Having no grass at all.
 
I woke up with a job to do,
And one or two dear friends.
I may scrimp pennies, now and then,
But I still meet my ends.  
 
The sun still rises every day,
Though some days there is rain,
But each one comes with its own gifts,
So I will not complain.
 
So many blessings in our lives
Go unnoticed each day,
But I suspect we’d take notice
If they all fell away.
 
Lord, thank You for the small blessings
That mean so much to me,
And thank You that You helped me stop
To take the time to see.
 
Psalm 144:15
Blessed are the people to whom such blessings fall! Blessed are the people whose God is the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment