Friday, April 16, 2021

The Second Is...


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
How easy it all seems to be
Love God above all things
And offer His love to others
With all the grace that brings.
 
It’s easier to say than do,
Loving my fellow man.
There have been days patience was done
Before the day began.
 
I have to bid myself refrain
From words that are unkind,
And try to find myself in those
Who aren’t of a like mind.
 
When I see my own weaknesses
Reflected in each face,
I find I’ve more strength for patience,
And much more room for grace.
 
Loving God with all my heart is
Easy enough to do,
But loving others as myself,
Means loving myself, too.
 
Matthew 22:36-39
“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment