Friday, April 23, 2021

More Like You


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The world tried to wear me down, Lord,
But each time You were there.
You sent me calm and extra grace,
And kept me from despair.
 
I try to do the same as You
As I move through each day,
Offering Your peace and patience
To those met on my way.
 
But I am not as good as You,
At kindness and mercy.
I seem to have a shorter fuse
Than really ought to be.
 
Thus, my prayer, Lord, with every dawn
Is “remind me again
How much forgiveness I still need
To walk within Your plan.”
 
“Then help me show that same patience,
Forgiving as I go,
That there will be no doubt I’m Yours,
And even I will know.”
 
Colossians 3:12-13
Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment