Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Don't Listen to Your Heart


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I think about the words I’ve said,
The things that I have done,
And my heart condemns me until
I give up all I’ve won.
 
I’ve worked to be a better me,
Learned to forgive, show grace,
But with one reminder of shame
I’m back in that same place.
 
I hold no hope that I will grow
Beyond whom I have been,
Until I hear Him remind me
He’s taken all that sin.
 
My heart may chastise me all day,
But His love holds more weight.
Though I may bow my head in shame
His love is my true fate.
 
Let my heart call me by my shame,
His voice is all I hear.
I’ll tell my heart, sit down and hush,
His love speaks loud and clear!
 
1 John 3: 19-20
By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment