Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Writ Loud and Wide















I cover both ears with my hands
And try to close my eyes,
But You have writ the message clear
And wide as morning skies.

What You ask seems so very much,
But really is quite small,
And yet I find it difficult
To answer when You call.

You ask that I should show mercy
To those who bring me pain
And that, from retaliation,
I am called to refrain.

You ask that I should bow my head
To those who show disdain
And pray that they might find relief
From their worry and strain.

You ask that, though I am abused,
In your peace I remain,
And only give back to them grace
Without anger’s dark stain.

Oh Lord, why do such simple things
Seem very hard to me,
And why do I doubt that I can
Be who I’m called to be?

Yet still you tell, me one more time,
To live as You have asked
And, Lord, I read you, loud and clear.
I’ll live as I’ve been tasked.


Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

No comments:

Post a Comment