Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Narrow Path Missed


I think my wrath is cooling Lord,
The spate’s begun to wane.
But how could he have said that, Lord?
It’s clearly just insane.
 
Does he not know that his job is
To guard your flock and guide
Us on the narrow and straight path
That this world tries to hide?

Does the shepherd protect his sheep
By dancing past Your Word
To wave the banners of the world
As more easily heard.
 
Does he not see he preaches from
The twisted words of man
When his commission is from You,
To lead within YOUR plan?
 
Okay, I guess my wrath has not
Yet begun to abate.
Oh Lord, please counsel me to peace
Before it is too late.
 
My child, you sought to find in man
A purity of soul
That does not exist on the earth.
It’s Grace that fills that hole.
 
Even the shepherd can get lost,
He’s not immune to sin.
Forgive him and give him the Grace
That belongs to all men.
 
Let go the wrath that is not born
Within my loving Grace
And love, instead, the broken soul
You see there in its place.
 
Oh Lord, I think I understand
The fear that fills the heart
When we are called to walk into
The place where deep hurts start.
 
It’s easier to step aside
And pretend we don’t see
Than to step up and face with love
The truth we know must be.
 
I know I went expecting him
To have answers I don’t
And I found him as lost as I.
So, denounce him I won’t.
 
I’ll try again to look at him
And see not just the flaw
That right now seems so obvious,
So deep and much too raw,

But see in him the mortal soul,
Quaking at satan’s maw,
Who also deserves Grace from me;
My honor, not my awe.
 
And I will ask, in humbleness,
That he forgive me, too.
For I expected him to be
What’s only found in You.

Matthew 7:13-14
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.



No comments:

Post a Comment