Thursday, January 19, 2017

Remembering Your Grace

















I sit and shiver in the rain
Or watch the winter snow
Build up across the garden where
My next year’s food will grow.

I know that bounty will return,
There are harvests to come,
But sometimes I let winter’s cold
Dampen my spirits some.

So let me think back on the gifts
With which You’ve touched my life
That I might not let winter’s cold
Cut through me like a knife.

I think on family, scattered now,
Like new seed, through the land.
They carry the grace in their hearts
That spilled out of Your hand.

I think on lessons, harsh and sweet,
That brought me to this place
And filled my empty, aimless life
With Your abounding grace.

I think on grace inherited
From those who came before,
Who showed me that a grateful heart
Betokens what’s in store.

Oh Lord, that garden lost to snow,
The orchard soaked and bare,
Does not remind me of my loss,
But of the Grace that’s there

Just waiting for the coming spring
When new fruit will burst through
And fill my world, my crazy life,
With new grace born in You.  

Song of Songs 2:11
See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment