Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Asking Thankfully - Re-Posted


I used to ask you everyday
For all the things I need,
But when I listened to myself
It sounded more like greed.
I’d say “please give this, My Lord,
Or “handle that for me”.
How selfishly I made demands
For what I longed to see.
 
But then I realized a truth
That I already knew,
I needed to ask you in faith
By starting with “Thank you.”
 
Thank you for seeing me through this,
Thank you for helping here,
Thank you for taking constant care
Of those that I hold dear.
I know that I like to be thanked
For little things I do,
And you do so much more for me
For which I should thank you!
 
Now I still lift the things I need,
But lift them faithfully.
I trust you’ll do what’s best for me,
So I ask thankfully.
 
Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment