Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Shot I Missed
















I had been mourning for a bit
My lonely, single state;
I longed to have some special man,
But that is not my fate.

I wanted someone who loves me
And gives my heart a lift;
Who likes to give me precious time
Or that “just perfect” gift.

I know some things aren’t meant to be,
So there’s no need to cry,
But now and then I feel a hole
That echoes with each sigh.

So I collected all the tears
That pity tried to spill
And headed out to my back deck
To find a photo thrill.

Then, as I opened up the door
I stopped right where I stood,
There, snuggled on my back deck rail,
Was all that proves life good.

A momma bird with three small babes
All tucked up at her side.
They looked at me, I looked at them,
Our eyes all startled wide.

I raised my lens, they all took flight,
The shot I’d never get
Sped quickly from my back deck rail.
A sight I won’t forget!!

I was so sad to miss the shot,
It was so sweet to see,
But then I understood your plan…
That gift was just for me!

So I am not without the love
For which my heart might ache;
And every gift You give to me
Exceeds what man can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment