Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ecclesiastes 12:1

















When I was young I ruled the skies
And danced among the stars,
But now that I am old and grey
I cannot fly that far.

When I was young I had no cares,
I knew not how to fear,
But now my wings are weaker and
My cares all cluster near.

When I was young my heart was wild,
Doing as I chose to.
I flew so fast, so far, so high;
Forgetting about you.

But now I’m older and I’ve learned,
However far I fly,
I can’t fly higher than your love
Or farther than your eye.

When I was young I knew you as
Someone who’s always there,
But now I know you’re more than that;
You’re love beyond compare.

Ecclesiastes 12:1
Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, “I find no pleasure in them”

No comments:

Post a Comment