Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Learning to Rejoice
















I am learning to rejoice, Lord,
Whatever life may bring.
Whether in laughter or in tears
I’ll lift my voice and sing.

Life is filled with good and bad
And both must play their part,
So I must learn, through good or bad
To let praise fill my heart.

For though I may not like the pain,
There’s healing on the way
And one can’t truly celebrate
A joy that’s everyday.

So let the rain and heartache come,
But then take it away;
And let me lift my voice in praise
Which ever comes my way.

Philippians 4
11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

1 comment:

  1. If you learn this, will you teach it to me? It is a lesson that has eluded me, probably because my first inclination is not to praise but to pout.

    ReplyDelete