Sunday, July 17, 2011

Isaiah 60:19-20




















As I lay shivering in the shadows
Beneath the cold light of the moon,
I realized that I lived in darkness
Even at the high crest of noon.
I looked to the heavens to light my way
Instead of looking to heaven;
For, however brightly burned sun or moon,
The darkness they could not leaven.

Then, with that vivid realization,
My world lit up with sacred light
I saw my lord as he stood before me
Gentle, loving, with fearsome might,
Reaching his hand to beckon me forward;
I recoiled at the brutal sight,
The shattered hands that reached out to hold me,
His death for my sins shining bright.

No longer shines the sun, moon or the stars
With brightness that I would follow,
That way of life when compared to his love
Now seems to me pale and hollow.
For they are but orbiting rocks of light,
They ask and give, nothing to me.
But he lived his life to guide me from sin
And died so that I would be free.

Isaiah 60:19-20
19 The sun will no more be your light by day,
   nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you,
for the LORD will be your everlasting light,
   and your God will be your glory.
20 Your sun will never set again,
   and your moon will wane no more;
the LORD will be your everlasting light,
   and your days of sorrow will end.

No comments:

Post a Comment