Sunday, July 3, 2011

Damaged Beyond Love
















I am wounded, Lord, and broken,
I can never know perfection.
I am so badly damaged that
I’m unworthy of affection,
For I am broken and battered.

I lived my life once in the light,
I worked and served for good,
But I am damaged now, and useless.
I’ve done all that I could,
But all of my dreams are shattered

Oh Lord, all your broken children
Cry out to you each night.
We know that we are hideous,
We will never be right.
Our broken pieces are scattered.

Is there redemption in this pain?
We’ve paid a bitter cost.
Is there some beauty that remains
In spite of all we’ve lost?
So much is ruined and tattered.

And yet you still smile upon me,
You don’t turn from the rot.
And when your hand reaches for me
I see all I’ve still got.
What remains is all that mattered.

Matthew 15:30
Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment