Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Rhythm of Winter
















It’s cold in my heart and cold in my world
And time appears frozen in rain.
The sun hasn’t shone for a decade or two
And it may never shine again

Rain drums on the roof and taps on the panes,
While the wind chime chatters and whirls
The inlet is frosted with white caped waves
The wind kicks it up in swift swirls

Winter is here and the dark days have come
Its time to just go back to bed
Sleep for a week or for maybe a month,
The covers up over my head

The rain starts to croon a favorite tune
A tune I’ve known many a year
The wind chime will join the melody soon
The harmony ringing out clear

The cold in my heart will begin to thaw
The music will draw out a smile
Laughter will smooth over every flaw
And I’ll hum along for a while

So let the rain dance, let the wild wind blow
Let long winter days settle in
Some things I can’t change, but one thing I know
The winter’s outside, not within!!

No comments:

Post a Comment