Saturday, October 23, 2010

Blind Faith

“How can you decide on blind faith”,
I asked my ailing friend.
“So many choices to be made,
Who knows how it will end!
Blind faith just can’t be all you use
To get back on the mend!”















“Faith is not blind”, she said to me,
“It sees things so clearly;
The geese that follow summer south,
The blossom and the bee,
The setting sun, like searing flame,
Snagged in a winter tree.”
















“It sees the song lost in the heart
That forgot how to sing,
It sees the trees lost in the snow
And sees the coming spring
It sees the sunrise through the mist
And wild ducks on the wing.”





















“Faith is not blind, it cannot be.
It sees beyond the fear
It sees the peace that follows pain
It sees the swift wiped tear
It sees the laughter and the grief
It sees them true and clear.”

“Faith is not blind, for it can see
The things beyond my sight
It will guide me in my choice
And I will be alright,”
And then she smiled a peaceful smile,
One void of angst and fright.

That’s when I started to believe
My friend could clearly see
The truths of life and living well
That had eluded me.
Now when I pray I always make
Glasses of Faith my plea.

Matthew 17: 20
He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment