Tuesday, October 5, 2010

2 Corinthians 1:3-5

 Patience seems to be too thin
The path is just too rough
I’m overwhelmed and too fatigued
It’s time to cry enough
I’ve done my share, taken the hits
It’s someone else’s turn
I’m fed up with the short end of
This bridge that I can’t burn.

And then I think of Golgotha,
The path that lead to hell,
That wound up through an angry mob
Who mocked him as he fell?
The beatings and the brutal death
There on Calvary.
I won’t complain about my pain
When He did that for me.



2 Corinthians 1: 3-5
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.

No comments:

Post a Comment