Friday, October 15, 2010

The Good I've Left Undone
















The place of praise was draped in green
The shade of the season,
And I had come to worship there
Aimless, without reason.

I sought the light within the nave
Too long I’d walked the shade
But I had brought the dark with me
Along the path I’d made.

A restless soul, a weary heart,
A faith that often fails,
Were all the offerings I brought
Along the shrouded trails.

But as I stood there in my pain
I saw the dancing light
In traceless lines of gossamer
That glistened, quick and bright

And snagged on each quicksilver strand
There hung a single thought,
“These are the prayers I’ve left unsaid,
The good I left unwrought”

They sparkle there within the light
These things I’ve left undone,
I understand how bright they shine
When they’re touched by the Son
And how much better things could be
If I’d just got them done.

I cannot take them back again,                                                 
Those chances have slipped by,
But there will be more times to come
And those I won’t deny.

No comments:

Post a Comment