Thursday, October 28, 2010

Psalm 6: 3, 4 & 6





















How much more can I take, Oh Lord,
How much more can I bear
How much pain can the world bring down
I’m verging on despair

By day I smile and show the world
A calm and certain face
By night I weep alone in bed
Praying for signs of Grace

I know your hand is on my arm
I know you’re by my side
I know you hold me while I weep,
Counting the tears I’ve cried

But, Lord, I’m scared. I’m really scared.
I don’t know where to turn
Each bridge I try to get across
Begins to twist and burn

I’m trapped in worry and in fear
I need to hear your voice
Oh Lord, please show me what to do
Please help direct my choice.

For though I'm lost, I’ll carry on,
I lean upon your might.
I'll find my way through life's travails
By following your light.


Psalm 6: 3,4 & 6
My soul is in anguish.
   How long, O LORD, how long?
Turn, O LORD, and deliver me;
  save me because of your unfailing love.
I am worn out from groaning;
  all night long I flood my bed with weeping
  and drench my couch with tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment