Monday, October 11, 2010

Crying Out in the Dark





















Fire and ice tear at my brain
My heart is cold with fear
I’m falling into dark despair
Oh Father, are you near

The cold of fierce, impending doom
Can freeze thought into fright
I have no hope of breaking free
Oh Father, where’s your light

The searing heat of loss and grief
That fills my mind with flame
Is burning hollows in my heart
Oh Father, hear your name

I call out in my suffering
Punished by my false will
Oh Father, are you listening
For I am broken still

And when, at last, no tear remains
And all the fires have died
Oh Father, will you love what’s left
Will you care that I cried

Oh Child, I feel your deepest fears
I count each tear you’ve cried
And each prayer prayed has touched my heart
Yes, even those denied,
For though you cannot see me through
Your sorrow and your pride
I have never left you, My Child
I’m always at your side


Psalm 130: 1-7
1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;
 2 O Lord, hear my voice.
       Let your ears be attentive
       to my cry for mercy.
 3 If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins,
       O Lord, who could stand?
 4 But with you there is forgiveness;
       therefore you are feared.
 5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
       and in his word I put my hope.
 6 My soul waits for the Lord
       more than watchmen wait for the morning,
       more than watchmen wait for the morning.
 7 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD,
       for with the LORD is unfailing love
       and with him is full redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment