Saturday, October 9, 2010

Psalm 137: 3-4
















I am becoming inert, unmoving,
Chained to earth.
I am becoming rock, forever bound in one place

Life comes in to slap me in the face,
Wash over me, push me deeper into the earth;
Then it runs away, Laughing,
Waving mockingly for me to come and play
But I can’t, I am becoming rock

Oh Lord, I am afraid that I will never be alive again.
I’m afraid I will never be able to rise,
To move from the edges of life.
I am afraid that gravity will pin me forever
Just out of reach of joy, of hope, of love.

Oh lord, teach this rock to sing!
For if I can sing, bound in chains to the hard ground,
Then I can also learn to fly.
Oh Lord, teach this rock to sing once more!

Psalm 137: 3-4


3 for there our captors asked us for songs, our tormentors demanded songs of joy; they said, "Sing us one of the songs of Zion!"
4 How can we sing the songs of the LORD while in a foreign land?

No comments:

Post a Comment