Sunday, July 23, 2023

You Are My Joy


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I thought that I had lost my way
Amid the weeds of life.
I got caught up in my despair
At this world full of strife.

I couldn’t hear Your voice above
All of the worldly din,
So, I sat there in emptiness
As deep sorrow crept in.

Yet, as I sat there, all alone,
I heard You call my name.
I remembered whose child I am,
And whose grace I can claim.

I turned my face toward Your voice
And opened ears and heart
To listen and to find Your peace,
To feel the healing start.

I’m not sure how long I sat there,
Though it seemed quite a while,
And You sat right there with me, Lord,
Til my heart found its smile.

So many speak of right and wrong,
Some claim to speak for You,
But in this world there’s just one voice
That I can trust is true.

Lord, I will stop listening to  
The world and all its noise.
I’ll listen only to Your voice,
For it holds all my joys!

Psalm 4:7
You have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound.

No comments:

Post a Comment