Wednesday, July 5, 2023

The I AMs: I Am the Light of the World

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

The path I’ve walked was never smooth,
I’ve wept many a tear,
But, even in my darkest days,
Your Light was always near.
 
I stumbled often as I walked,
The way was grim and bleak.
Yet, Your Light never failed to shine
Upon the path I seek.
 
Oh Lord, I love to see sun
Rise up, banners unfurled,
Yet, it’s but shadow compared to
The true Light of the World!
 
You are the Light of creation,
And that of rebirth, too.
I know that I will not be lost
With my eyes fixed on You.
 
In faith I walk on through this life,
Into the coming night,
But I do not fear what’s to come,
For I walk in Your Light!
 
John 8:1
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment