Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Calm, After the Storm


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I felt panic sweep over me,
My breath was hard to find.
It seemed as if I’d gotten lost
Inside of my own mind.
 
I tried to think and not to cry,
Both efforts seemed to fail,
And I knew without any doubt
That panic would prevail.
 
I found myself upon my knees,
My prayer rising on high.
I called to You from my despair
And You answered my cry.
 
I felt the whirlwind settling,
Your peace soon took its place,
And I found myself, once again,
Circled in Your embrace.
 
Why do I let myself worry
Until I cannot see
That You’re greater than all those fears
I let overwhelm me?
 
Psalm 18:6
In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment