Monday, November 29, 2021

Advent Week 1: Hope - Overflowing With Hope


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I lifted this day up to You
And asked You for the peace
To help me walk through every storm
That this day would release.
 
I knew what lay ahead for me,
So I reached out to You.
You were the only hope I had
That I would make it through.
 
I asked that You would give me peace
When things were moving fast,
And prayed that I would still know joy
When the tempest had passed.
 
Then as the day whirled up in speed
And I was most dismayed,
I felt, like Your hand on my head,
That peace, for which I’d prayed.
 
I can’t explain that moment, Lord,
Though I am trying to.
I held out hope that You’d be there
When I most needed You,
And, true to form, stress fell away,
As Your peace washed on though.
 
Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment