Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Growing Wiser


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I used to think the whole wide world
Revolved around just me,
But that view changed as I grew up
To be older than three.
 
Then in my teens I realized
That I knew so much more
Than any adult ever born
Who walked this earth before.
 
With age has come the harsh wisdom
That I’ve still much to learn,
And I may never learn it all
Before I’ve lost my turn.
 
But from my wild, delinquent youth,
Through my years as a teen,
And into my old age I’ve found
One truth I’ve always seen.
 
You loved me as a little child,
And, even as I’ve grown,
You haven’t given up on me.
You’ve loved me as Your own.
 
1 Corinthians 13: 11
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment