Saturday, December 5, 2020

Just Being Still


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I stayed much busier today
Than I had meant to be,
But now I’m setting time aside
For only You and me.
 
I find myself anguishing, Lord,
On that which now is past.
Although those sins are forgiven,
For me, the stains still last.
 
It is as if my life’s been marked
By both darkness and light.
And though I’ve chosen life with You,
I can’t make past wrongs right.
 
I wanted to spend time with You,
To be still and just know,
That though I have doubts about me,
I know You love me so.
 
I know the past that torments me
Has been washed clean by Grace,
But sometimes I just need to be
With You in a still place.
 
 Psalm 46:10
“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment