Tuesday, November 10, 2020

So Many Blessings


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sitting within the still of night,
My thoughts rise up to You.
I count the blessings in my life,
The long lost and the new.
 
So many blessings I have known,
So many still to be,
And I am overwhelmed to think
That You’d give them to me.
 
A place of peace to call my home,
And food enough to eat,
Such blessings were beyond my dreams
Back when ends didn’t meet.
 
With work that offers challenges
To keep me on my toes,
I’m blessed to earn enough to live
With joy, which I hope shows.
 
The family and the friends I love,
Who seem to love me, too.
What blessings they have been to me
In all they’ve seen me through.  
 
The simple daily miracles
That I see without thought
Are more precious than anything
That my money has bought.
 
So many blessings, beyond count,
And each beyond my due,
That I wanted to take some time
To lift my thanks to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment