Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Love Your Enemies


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I seek the silence in the night,
I long for solitude,
For I am living in a world
That’s grown callus and rude.
 
In many ways things have improved,
But in some ways they’re worse.
We cannot find a common ground
With those at whom we curse.
 
We think that we can make this world
Into a better place,
Without making room in our hearts
For forgiveness and grace.
 
Is it from arrogance and pride
That we choose not to see
The world we’re making falls well short
Of what the world should be?
 
I know the promise was given,
The sacrifice was made,
But we are still not living up  
To the price that was paid.
 
Matthew 5:44
But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment