Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Battling Anger


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I find myself needing to pray
That You’d make my heart whole,
For anger that is too ingrained
Can damage any soul.
 
It will not harm those who’ve harmed me
And seek to hurt me more,
Nor can it damage those stained souls
Who “deserve what’s in store”.
 
For anger hurts those who hold it
Like acid to the heart,
It turns even the purest dream
To ash before its start.
 
Lord, I don’t want to be the one
Who walks the bitter path,
Please help me to continue to
Pray through the pain and wrath.
 
Help me to pray each day for those
Who are still lost to sin
That they might find the path that leads
Them back to You again.
 
For if I pray with earnest heart
For those I want to hate,
Then maybe I can help us both
Before it is too late.
 
Luke 6:27-29
27 “But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment