Saturday, November 7, 2020

Live in the Truth


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The truth is sometimes hard to live,
It’s easy not to try,
But, when it really matters most,
You can’t accept the lie.
 
We live our lives in swift pursuit
Of our next treasured goal,
Only to find it’s no more than
A balm to a starved soul.
 
The truth, from which we turn our gaze,
Does not just go away,
And there will be a reckoning
That we will have to pay.
 
The day will come for each of us
When we look up to see
The perfect truth, that we’ve denied,
Is the reality.
 
That is the moment we decide,
For all eternity,
If we can live within the truth
That truly sets us free.
 
I walked the path of the lost soul,
But, in the end, I chose
To turn and stand within the truth
That many still oppose.
 
It’s not an easy choice to make,
And that I don’t deny,
But I choose to live in the truth,
And not the easy lie.
 
John 8:31-32
So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

No comments:

Post a Comment