Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Seeing His Face - Re-posted

I woke this morning wracked with dread,
But too afraid to weep.
My days filled with too many cares,
And nights with little sleep.
 
I needed to see your face, Lord,
Or maybe hear your voice,
But I had no time for a chat
And thus, I had no choice.
 
I faced the day, I headed out,
My tears began to spill,
“I need you Lord”, my heart cried out,
“I need to see you still.”
 
Then, through the blurring of my tears,
I thought I saw your face
Within the colors of a leaf
Drifting with gentle grace.
 
I looked once more and saw you there
In every passing tree.
From deep within their vibrant hues,
You smiled in joy at me.
 
I saw you once again, Oh Lord,
Within the misty sun,
I smiled at you, you smiled right back
Like we were having fun.
 
I heard your voice within the rain
That pattered a sweet tune,
I heard it in the swirling trill
Of a melodic loon.
 
I felt Your presence in the world
Created by your name
And realized I’ll never see
Anything quite the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment