Thursday, October 19, 2017

Running Astray - Re-posted

I promised I would wait for You
To lead me on the way,
But I was anxious to begin
And so I went astray.
 
I promised I would call Your name
And offer You my praise,
But I was soon distracted by
The chaos of my days. 
 
I promised to listen to You
And live as You’d asked me,
But I got caught up in the plans
Of all I longed to be.
 
Then everything seemed to collapse,
I got lost in my pride,
And suddenly I realized 
I wasn’t by Your side.
 
But just before my spirit failed,
Consumed by all my fear,
I felt Your arms reach out for me,
To hold me safe and near.
 
For, though I’d run ahead of You,
You never left my side,
And so I've learned to wait for You
To be my loving guide. 
 
Psalm 27:14
Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment