Monday, October 16, 2017

Humble and Grateful - Re-posted

Oh Lord, let me speak only words
That bring glory to You.
Let nothing that I do today
Be what I should not do. 
Keep my feet moving on the path
That You would have me walk
And when I come to those rough spots
Please, Lord, don’t let me balk. 
Let joy and love be what I show,
Whatever I may feel,
And when I think too much of me,
Remind me, Lord, to kneel.
Let me give humbly of myself 
To those who are in need,
And, while I take care of me, too,
Don’t let me turn to greed.
Let me take time to stop and pray,
To reflect on Your grace.
And, Lord, when I feel most afraid
Hold me in Your embrace. 
I pray these things in gratitude
For all You’ve done for me, 
That I might not take for granted
How rich Your grace can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment