Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Grace and Praise


Yesterday was a hard one, Lord,
Today’s a rough day, too.
I’m praying, by tomorrow’s dawn,
That these hard days are through.
 
I know the way is never straight
The path’s a rocky climb,
But I could use a level place
To rest for a short time.
 
Yes, Lord, I know You have a plan
And that plan is in place,
But if it could fit in Your plan,
I sure could use some grace.
 
Okay, Lord, that is all for me,
My whining now is through.
But let me add one more, small thing…
I’m so grateful to You.
 
You lift me up when I fall down
And hold me when I cry.
On days like these, when all is rain,
You bring a clearing sky.
 
I get so caught up in the pain,
The chaos or the grief
That I forget, you offer more
Than just simple relief.
 
It is Your strength that sees me through,
Your love that dries my tears,
And it is knowing You are there
That helps me face my fears.
 
Oh Lord, I didn’t mean to gripe,
I’ve just had some tough days,
But while I pray for respite, Lord,
I also sing Your praise!
 
James 5:13
Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment