Sunday, March 22, 2015

A Widow's Grief


Oh Lord, I’ve cried, I’ve prayed and fought
Against deepest despair,
But every morning I wake up
And he is still not there.
 
I wonder if I have the faith
To carry on each day,
And some days I’m not even sure
You hear me when I pray.
 
I had such happiness in life
As I had never known.
Then suddenly I lost it all
And I’m, once more, alone.
 
Lord, I know that You have a plan
For what is meant to be,
But I still cannot understand
Why this pain’s come to me.
 
I know that I can’t have him back,
I’ve known that all along.
I pray You have a plan in place
That helps me to be strong.
 
But not so strong that I grow cold,
I need to feel love, too,
For love is all that keeps me sane.
Lord, my hope rests in You.
 
I’ll trust You, Lord, and do my best
To live on without him,
But I need You to keep my heart
From growing cold and grim.
 
Proverbs 3:5-6 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

To two friends who have lost the love of their lives in the past year and who struggle still to face each day, trusting in the Lord and leaning on Him when their own hope fails. You two have my love and awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment