Sunday, March 29, 2015

A Simple Thing


I thought it just a simple fact,
The way things ought to be,
But now I understand that some
See things disparately.
 
They seem to think the choice is theirs
To live by rules they make,
But He was quite specific when
He set rules not to break.
 
He didn’t say go your own way,
Your father understands.
He said that, if you love Him, then
You must keep His commands.
 
The statement was a simple one,
Even I understand,
So I’m confused at how so much
Has gotten out of hand.
 
Like weeds that sprout in summer grass,
Each one claims to know best.
Yet rules born of earthly desires
Won’t pass that simple test.
 
So go your way and make your choice,
But this is where I stand,
As I love Him, I'll do my best
To keep every command.
 
John 14:15
“If you love me, keep my commands.

No comments:

Post a Comment