Monday, November 10, 2014

Black and White


Today had started out quite rough,
It seemed so black and white.
I wanted things to go smoothly,
Yet nothing would go right.
 
I felt my temper start to fray,
My voice was growing shrill,
So I took a deep breath and prayed,
“Lord, guide me if You will.”
 
“Please set this crazy day to rights,
The way it ought to be.
I’d be most grateful to You, Lord,
If You’d do that for me.”
 
But as I finished up my prayer
I noticed the blue skies.
And all the colors of the day
Dancing before my eyes.
 
I realized, the day was fine,
As grand as it could be.
The flaw was not within the day,
The flaw was within me.
 
I got the word, then, loud and clear.
God’s answer came right through;
He’d left the day as it had been
But changed my point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment