Saturday, November 29, 2014

Always on Watch


There’s something stark about the scene
That touches me deeply.
I can’t pin down quite what it is,
Only that it moves me.
A solitary figure stands
Surrounded by the snow.
Despite the dark, the bitter cold,
He chooses not to go.
It is as if he stands on guard,
Watching throughout the night.
A quiet figure, dark and still,
Against the frozen white.
                                 
What is he watching in the night,
What does he see coming?
Is it something that I should fear,
Or joy to make me sing?
Will it take strength I don’t yet have,
A faith that’s growing still?
Or is it something I can face
If I stand in God’s will?
Or is it just a moment caught
Within the photo’s frame?
A moment now a memory
That lingers just the same…
 
Luke 21:36
Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.”

No comments:

Post a Comment