Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Be Thankful


I keep hearing these words today,
“Be thankful in all things”.
For there is much to be thankful for
In all that your life brings.
 
You say that times are hard right now,
Well they’re hard for me, too.  
And yet I find blessings galore
In everything I do.
 
The traffic was a snarled mess,
It gave me time to sing.
It rained until the streets filled up,
Things will be green in Spring.
 
The bills pile up, the worries too,
So I spend time with Him.
Which helps improve my attitude,
Even when things are grim.
 
There are worries and fears enough
To bring me to my knees,
But when I’m there I lift a prayer
Of thanks that’s meant to please.
 
Because the faith that sees me through
Is not a faith that’s blind,
I don’t get lost in all that wrong,
It’s happiness I find.
 
So when I felt my spirits sag
I listened to that voice.
“Be thankful in all things today”,
And that’s been a great choice.

Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

No comments:

Post a Comment